Biotix® Pipette Tips
A wide selection of manual and robotic tips – ideal for your high-throughput screening application.
Accurate and precise by design
Black Dog is a proud distributor of quality Biotix® manual pipette tips, tip eject reload, and robotic dispensing tips. These products are ideally suited for your high-throughput screening applications.
Biotix tips are manufactured to the highest standards; in fact, quality is such an important focus for Biotix that they’ve trademarked a name for it: Xtreme Quality® means producing six sigma, the highest quality manual and automation tips in the industry. The manufacturing production floor is a tightly controlled environment where everything from temperature and humidity to air particulates are monitored. These production measures, coupled with rigorous inspection requirements, ensure that Biotix products are molded to strict quality specifications. A technically superior lot control system is used to maintain total quality control with serial numbering down to the individual tip tray and CV testing data printed on every box. Quality manufacturing ensures the best possible product for your applications.
Xtreme Quality® means:
Every lot undergoes rigorous testing for the highest engineering and quality standards
Products are BioReady® , free of RNase, DNase, Pyrogen, Endotoxins, Nucleic Acid, trace metal and PCR inhibitors
ISO 9001 Certified Facility
FDA registered for Medical Device Assembly (Class I)
Barcode-labelling on request
A wide selection of Biotix manual and robotic tips to meet your application needs:
Biotix Automation Tips
Eliminate the risk of leaky seals, inconsistent draws, and jamming with Biotix aTIP™ pipette tips.
Black Dog Solutions offers pre-sterile 384-format Biotix robotic tips for Agilent® , Beckman® and Molecular Devices® platforms. Biotix robotic tips are manufactured to the highest engineering standards for automation systems. The ultra-straight tips target the center of microplate wells precisely, delivering exceptional accuracy and precision without risk of jamming.
Each lot of Biotix automation tips are tested on the intended automation platform in our on-site laboratory to verify the highest level of performance.
- No changes in programming scripts are necessary to use Biotix tips. Use of the standard definitions bundled in the automation software program is sufficient.
- Manufactured under stringent quality control in an ISO 9001 certified facility, each lot is tested for accuracy and precision on the tips intended platform
- Endotoxin-free (– < 0.06 EU/ml) and regularly tested using an FDA-approved turbidimetric LAL-test (Limulus Amoebocyte Assay)
- Tips are BioReady® certified to be free of RNase, DNase, and Endotoxins (pyrogens), and are available in nonsterile or pre-sterile formats
- Each pack of tips has the coefficient of variation (CV) printed directly on the box for your reference
- FlexFit Technology, found in most aTIP pipette tips for 384 platforms, ensures a secure seal
- Each 384 tip rack comes with Statix® technology, a copper grounding tab combined with a conductive pillow that displaces static.
Biotix® Manual Tips
We offer two lines of Biotix® pipette tips; each features the same tip technology:
- uTIP: Designed to improve the performance of universal pipettes
- xTIP: Engineered to fit securely on the Rainin Lite Touch Pipette
Biotix® tip innovation provides increased reproducibility, reduced chance of pipetting errors and improved ergonomics. As with all Biotix® liquid handling products, Biotix® Manual Tips are BioReady® certified to be free of RNase, DNase and endotoxin (pyrogens) and are available in sterile and non-sterile options. Non-filter and filter manual tips are available. Biotix® tips feature:
- FlexFit® Technology: Provides superior fit and decreases insertion and ejection forces, helping to reduce the risk of Repetitive Stress Injuries (RSI)
- X-Resin® Technology: A proprietary resin, is naturally low retentive and soft to provide better precision and improves CV values; helps to ensure reproducible data by diminishing the presence of residual fluid in pipette tips
- Blade® Technology: Unique distal end orifice design eliminates the need for tip touch off; minimizes surface tension at the distal end of the tip and eliminates formation of hanging droplet
Biotix® Tip Eject® Reload
Save space and reduce space. Tip Eject Reload allows convenient reloading into Biotix tip racks without the use of transfer devices. Transparent packaging allows for easy tip identification, while fully protecting tips from contamination due to contact and environmental particulates. Reload cards are made from 100% recycled polypropylene. We offer Biotix Tip Eject™ Reloads (pre-sterile and X-Resin™) in a variety of sizes.
Shown below is the easy, hands-free reloading process: 1) Remove lower protective rack base, 2) Align Tip Eject over empty Biotix rack, 3) Push down until a”click” is heard, indicating tips are locked into the rack, 4) Replace over rack base.
Call us at 1.919.602.5988 or submit a quote request. We want to provide you the best tools to advance your research. That’s why you can count on us for affordable prices on the highest quality consumables.